Schools for Every Child has different levels of Governance.
Members - The top level of governance over the whole trust.
Trustees - This is the strategic board for the whole trust.
Local School Board - This is our school board of governors.
The School Board
Rayleigh Primary School operates a local school board. Those elected to the school board serve in a voluntary capacity. They are either elected by the parents or their fellow teachers or are co-opted.
The post of clerk to the governing body is reconfirmed annually, as are the appointments of the chair and vice-chair.
The chair is Mr Gary Rogers and the vice-chair is Mr Matthew O'Leary.
|Local School Board Membership
|Mr. G Rogers
|Mr. M O'Leary
|Mrs. L Maughan
|Mr. P Antonioni
|Mrs. L Swindell
|Miss J Milner
|Mrs. J Pickering
Terms of Office:
Co-opted Governors - 4 years
Elected Parent Governors - 3 years
Elected Staff Governors - 1 year
Pecuniary Interests: None
The governors are responsible for:
- Helping establish (with the headteacher) the aims and policies of the school
- Determining how standards can be maintained and improved
- Deciding the conduct of the school
- Helping to draw up (with the Headteacher and staff) the school development plan
- Helping to decide how to spend the school’s budget
- Making sure the National Curriculum and RE are taught
- Appointing, promoting and supporting staff
- Acting as a link between the local community and the school
- Drawing up an action plan after inspection and monitoring its progress
The school board currently meets once each term to conduct the general business of the school. Its committees meet more regularly and include the Education Committee and Operations Committee.